Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Monster Selfies !!


This assignment was great for many reasons. Mostly because Selfie Culture is great, MONSTER PEOPLE are great, and self representation is great. I started with taking a poll of my friends for what kind of monster person I would be (you know of tumblr's love for monster people yeah?) and got a few different responses. Then I remembered how I've always loved the idea of being a shape shifter because of how many different aesthetics I'm into. How else to depict a shape shifter but in a gif? I started by taking some selfies of my own that exaggerated the characters I was going for.


I picked the best ones and did a loose trace over them to speed up the process. Then I drew directly over those (opting out of the multiple passes of tracing paper I might normally go for), got my scans, and just went for it.


Final Images:





Final Gif:



No comments:

Post a Comment